Instructional Designer & e-Learning Specialist
Hult International Business School is looking for an Instructional Designer & e-Learning Specialist to join our growing innovations and product team in London.
The learning and learner of today and tomorrow requires new and evolving skills from learning professionals. As an Instructional Designer & e-Learning Specialist your focus will be designing more effective, engaging and innovative learning experiences, including content development and course production. You will be working closely with an agile, international, cross-functional team of product owners and designers, academics and developers.
Your goals are:
- To facilitate lifelong learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and engaging manner.
- To advise, enable and support faculty and other relevant stakeholders in the design, development, maintenance, evaluation and delivery of dynamic learning content.
- To foster adoption of effective practices and educational technologies for online and digital course design and teaching, and by doing so, to enhance digital teaching and learning projects across the institution.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has a growth mindset and the drive to continuously improve and innovate
- Is excited to explore with new toolsets and learning science approaches
- Is not afraid of failure
- Starts with “Why?” and has a user-centered approach to problem-solving, thinking about the entire product life-cycle, not just their piece of the puzzle
- Has organizational, communication and execution skills – and is able to work both independently and as part of a fast-paced team, and to effectively communicate ideas and decisions across all stakeholders
- Create engaging end-to-end learning journeys with compelling course content, activities and assessments that enhance retention and transfer, specifically within an online and blended learning environment.
- Experiment with latest eLearning development tools to create innovative eLearning materials, including interactive modules graphics, video/audio scripts and resources, scenarios, instructor-led presentations, learning assessments and user guides applying sound instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Evaluate course and instructional quality. Define measures to track progress, outcomes and ensure alignment with business objectives. Document effective and ineffective practices and iterate accordingly.
- Assist faculty and other colleagues with the development, maintenance and updates of courses and with adoption and implementation of new instructional technologies.
- Provide general customer support as needed, including learner and faculty support, communication of project status to key constituencies.
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks to make the learning experiences you design both visually appealing, engaging and easy to use for all of its users
- You have at least 2 years of experience working as an instructional designer, instructional technologist, or a similar role within a higher education setting
- You have knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models, as well as learning data analytics
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills, and experience developing interactive course content
- Knowledge of curation ecosystems and at least one Learning Management System (preferred Canvas)
- Basic HTML5, CSS, SCORM, some visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can confidently communicate your ideas to other stakeholders
Please note that you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
At Hult International Business School, students do more that earn a degree. They learn to see the world differently. By bringing together people, cultures, and innovative ideas from around the world, Hult is dedicated to providing an educational experience that transforms mindsets and careers.
With six campus locations in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, and New York, and a student body of unparalleled diversity representing more than 150 nationalities, our students live a global education, not just learn about it.
It’s no longer enough to follow the paths of the past—that’s why Hult has designed a business school that looks to the future by focusing on developing leadership skills, challenging students with a future-oriented curriculum, and building the global perspective that only first-hand experience can bring.
Hult is accredited by AACSB which is known, worldwide, as the longest standing, most recognized form of specialized/professional accreditation an institution and its business programs can earn. Less than 5% of the business schools in the world have earned this quality hallmark.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Hult International Business School is a 501©(3) non-profit educational organization registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) to award U.S. degrees. Students are awarded a joint U.S. and U.K. degree on successful completion of the program. The U.K. degree is awarded by the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, known as Ashridge, with which Hult has a strategic alliance.
Back to top