Infrastructure Support Engineer
Infrastructure Support Engineer
EF is looking for self-starting, highly motivated Infrastructure Support Engineer to support the IT Operations for several of our US International Language Centers. We are looking for an individual with a strong technical background and really good interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate should be someone who is service orientated and is able to demonstrate some form of service level management.
Based in San Francisco, this position would have holistic responsibility for the setup and overall maintenance of the IT infrastructure in several locations. The role involves working closely with the business units whilst at the same time ensuring continued involvement and alignment with the technical team in India.
- Maintaining strong and mutually beneficial relationships with the stakeholders of the various business units within the Language division.
- Ensuring optimal health of the local IT Infrastructure, this is by way of formal processes.
- Taking on role of Problem management to identify root cause of Incidents. Remedial steps and action form part of this process.
- Ensuring customer is kept informed, for example during outages and projects
- Managing infrastructure projects that directly affect the local IT infrastructure. This will involve understanding business requirements and then working with the greater team to ensure those requirements are clearly translated, thus allowing IT to deliver to those business objectives.
- Ensuring the IT team in India has good visibility and understanding of any changes that can and may impact local IT infrastructure or services.
- Ensure all changes adhere to our standards, following clear change control and audit processes.
- Ensure all IT documentation pertaining to local site is current and accurate
- The role will involve travels to US locations and potentially, also up to 2 trips to India per annum. Travel is expected to be around 1 to 1.5 weeks per month.
Minimum 4 years working in a technical role with excellent customer facing exposure.
- Understanding of networking, both wired and wireless, hands on Cisco experience will be a bonus, specifically wireless technologies.
- Experience / Familiarity of working with with Client (Windows 10) / Server (Windows 2008/2012), this includes services like AD, DNS and DHCP.
- In the absence of the above, experience with infrastructure support and demonstrable interest in technology, infrastructure and / or hardware
- Experience of working in a 1st and 2nd line support role, this will assist with BAU issues that may come your way when visiting the sites.
- Strong written communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify areas for service improvement is an aspect of this role.
- Any demonstrable project management experience will be a bonus
- Strong customer empathy and capacity to understand business impact, including proven customer relationship skills
- Experience within a globally distributed server and workstation environment with hundreds of servers and thousands of desktops in a 24x7 environment
- ITIL foundation will be a bonus
EF stands for "Education First". Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, EF is a privately-held company with 15 divisions that offer a range of educational programs from language training, educational travel, and academic degrees to cultural exchanges. With a mission to break down barriers in language, culture and geography, EF has helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
From Berlin to Beijing, Moscow to Mexico City, Dubai to Denver, EF operates 450 schools and offices in over 54 countries. EF's global network includes 15,000 full time office staff, 3,500 full time faculty and 16,500 part-time teachers, leaders and tour directors. To date, EF has helped over 15 million people to learn a new language, discover the world, or earn an academic degree.
"Education First" is more than our company name. It is our corporate passion.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top