IB Business Management Teacher
Role Summary: We seek an IB Business Management teacher for our international school. The candidate will have experience in teaching IB Business Management as well as a familiarity with second-language learning. EF Academy teachers are exceptional educators who create a stimulating and enriching high school experience for our diverse international student population which represents students from over 75 countries. They embrace EF's vision for preparing students for a future without borders and possess a proven track record of highly effective teaching. They are flexible, creative, knowledgeable, global-minded and strive to be unforgettable. Teachers support the personal, social and academic development of students and contribute to extra-curricular clubs, service learning and/or sports programs.
Here are some of the requirements for this position
- Teach classes with curricula from the IB, grades 9-12, and related advising.
- Differentiate instruction to support students whose first language is not English.
- Provide timely, helpful feedback to students.
- Include data-driven approach to teaching and learning.
- Plan and carry out experiential learning experiences for students which link to classroom learning.
- Use a relevant range of technologies and creative teaching styles.
- Maintain up-to-date records of assessments, attendance, planning, syllabus, and reports.
- Create course outlines and key vocabulary lists for IGCSE and IB courses; share online.
- Develop assessment tasks using a wide range of formative assessment tools.
- Work collaboratively with teachers, students, staff, and administrators.
- Attend curriculum planning meetings, faculty meetings, and department meetings.
- Keep parents informed about student progress by writing academic progress reports.
- Continue study in your field; participate in professional development offered by the school.
- Maintain regular office hours and after-school help for students.
- Select and requisition materials and textbooks for each class in a timely manner.
- Participate in student induction week activities and student placement testing.
- Compile bibliography of suggested reading for students for the academic year and summer.
- Chaperone off-campus events during the academic year and attend school events.
- Contribute to enhancing boarding school life for our students by supervising a club or coaching a sport.
- Serve on committees as may be needed.
- Promote positive school relationships, with regular communication to the guidance counselor.
- Be enthusiastic and resourceful in creating meaningful learning experiences for high school students.
- Be a positive and collaborative member of the school community in all interactions with colleagues and students.
Back to top