Job Title: HR Assistant (fixed term/casual 3 months) – 24 hours per week
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Salary: circa £18,500 - 21,000 per annum (pro rata)
Reports To: Director of Recruitment and Employee Development
The Opportunity Ashridge Executive Education (AEE) is looking for a HR Assistant, to support the Director of Recruitment and Employee Development with various HR projects and by providing first line HR support.
- First line HR support to include general and employee relation queries
- Coordination of the new starter induction process
- Recruitment support to include reviewing cv’s, screening candidates and arranging interviews
- Project support
- Exit interviews
- System support
- Note taking at grievance, disciplinary and capability hearings
- Professional working manner
- Organised individual
- Confident yet approachable
- A problem solver
- Natural people person with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate with people at different levels
- Resilient - comfortable having or sitting in on difficult conversations
- Previous experience of working within a HR environment and responding to HR queries
- Previous experience of advising managers on company policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand the sensitivities within the HR environment (confidentiality)
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Technical skills – computer literate and able to use data systems
- CIPD qualification
AEE is an equal opportunities employer. If you are motivated by the prospect of an exciting developmental opportunity in a growing and fast paced environment, we want to hear from you.
Applications should consist of a CV (no more than 2 pages); and a summary (400 words max), setting out why you think you are suitable candidate for this role.
Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, meals and refreshments while on duty, free use of the leisure facilities and access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes. It is essential to have your own transport and free parking is available.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organised in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top