Housing Director Toronto
EF International Language Center in Toronto is seeking a dynamic, goal focused, organised and customer service minded Housing Director to manage our Housing Department. The position requires the ability to manage external residences, as well as recruiting and retaining host families in the local area. The Housing Director works closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The Housing Director is required to meet the varying needs of our students, host families, and off campus residences, in addition to completing other management, administrative and school-wide duties.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the School Director and oversee all aspects of student welfare including housing, discipline, and administration for all students in this location. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our sales offices worldwide, motivate the housing team, as well as the confidence to efficiently develop systems to manage a new school and drive improvement. This position would begin late August/early September 2017.
EF Toronto is a part of a global network of language schools around the world. With thousands of students from over 40 different countries studying in our schools, you are joining a truly diverse and multi-cultural environment as well as a team of passionate professionals dedicated to language learning, travel and cultural exchange.
- Manage HF recruitment, quality and oversee all residences supporting the existing team
- Develop relationships and manage contracts with a growing network of external residences.
- Work to ensure a high level of customer service to international students, host families and other members of the community where students reside.
- Ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students. Help resolve conflicts and enforce disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Work directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and problem solve any issues that may arise.
- Efficiently manage day to day administrative tasks.
- Oversee department financials, working closely with the current team
- Work directly with students, resident advisors and host families through daily communication to problem solve, manages crisis, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
- Collaborate with Housing Department staff to drive results and ensure successful host family recruitment and student placements in host families throughout the community.
- Pursuing imaginative and innovative techniques to ensure deadlines are met and the highest quality standard is achieved.
- Be an influential leader and manager to a team: run meetings, develop agendas, drive improvement.
- Position is full-time and will require evening and weekend work at certain times of year.
- Proven leadership track record
- Minimum two years management experience
- Ability to meet long and short term goals
- Customer service minded
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to react quickly and make sound decisions.
- Good analytical skills and spatial planning skills
- Dynamic and outgoing person
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel or study abroad experience preferred
- Sales or recruitment experience desirable
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top