EF International Language Center in Victoria is seeking a dynamic, organized and customer service minded Housing Director to manage our Housing Department. The position requires the ability to manage external residences, as well as recruiting and retaining host families in the local area. The Housing Director works closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The Housing Director is required to meet the varying needs of our students, host families, and off campus residences, in addition to completing other administrative and school-wide duties.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the School Director and oversee all aspects of student welfare including housing, discipline, and administration for all students in this location. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our sales offices worldwide, motivate the housing team, as well as the confidence to efficiently develop systems to manage a new school and drive improvement.
We are looking for a strong candidate to start right away.
EF Vancouver Island is part of a global network of language schools around the world. With thousands of students from over 40 different countries studying in our schools, you are joining a truly diverse and multi-cultural environment as well as a team of passionate professionals dedicated to language learning, travel and cultural exchange.
- Working to ensure a high level of customer service to international students, host families and other members of the community where students reside.
- Manage our student residences to ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students. Help resolve conflicts and enforce disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Managing a team of Residence Assistants who live at the student residence.
- Effectively maintaining and pursuing positive relations with outside vendors including management teams of external residences.
- Working directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and problem solve any issues that may arise.
- Efficiently manage day to day administrative tasks.
- Manage host family payments, ensuring payments are made accurately and on time.
- Working directly with students, resident advisors and host families through daily communication to problem solve, manages crisis, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
- Collaborating with Housing Department staff to drive results and ensure successful host family recruitment and student placements in host families throughout the community.
- Pursuing imaginative and innovative techniques to ensure deadlines are met and the highest quality standard is achieved.
- Be an influential leader and manager to a team: run meetings, develop agendas, drive improvement.
- Position is full-time and will require some weekend work at certain times of year.
- Customer Service Minded
- Proven leadership track record
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet long and short term goals
- Creative thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to react quickly and make sound decisions.
- Good analytical skills and spatial planning skills
- Dynamic and outgoing person
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel or study abroad experience preferred
- Sales or recruitment experience desirable
Due to the nature of our work, there may be evenings, weekends and travel required.
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.