Housing Coordinator - Internship
EF Munich is looking for an energetic and caring intern to work in the role of Housing Coordinator. The successful candidate will join our Housing Department under the supervision of our Housing Manager. She/he will manage and ensure housing for our international language students. This is a fixed term position open for three months from September to November. Six months possible if internship as part of university studies.
About the position
- Providing students with quality host family/residence accommodation service throughout their stay
- Recruitment and retention of local host families
- Following up on students’ feedback (especially during their first week)
- Enforce school rules and policies at the residence and host families, manage and follow-up on student discipline & welfare issues
- Communication with sales offices (concerning logistics and students’ discipline & welfare)
- Maintenance of related paperwork and database records
- Organization of students airport transfers
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with experience in customer service, tourism/hospitality or student services. Past experience in residential life and/or living/studying/working abroad is a huge plus.
- University student or recent graduate
- German Level C1 and fluency in English required. A third language is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong aptitude for negotiation and persuasion
- Empathy and compassion towards others along with strong listening skills
- Diplomacy, patience, flexibility and strong conflict resolution skills
- Stellar attention to detail
- Ability to meet long and short-term goals, ability to prioritize
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and flexibility
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Strong willingness and desire to take charge during emergencies
- International experience preferred
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top