EF Madrid is looking for an energetic and caring Housing Coordinator. The successful candidate will join our Housing Department under the supervision of our Housing Manager. She/he will manage and ensure housing for our students. This is a temp position from June to August.
Key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Providing students with quality host family/junior residence accommodation service throughout their stay
- Recruitment and retention of local host families
- Following up on students’ feedback (especially during their first week)
- Enforce school rules and policies at the residence and host families, manage and follow-up on student discipline & welfare issues
- Communication with sales offices (concerning logistics and students’ discipline & welfare)
- Maintenance of related paperwork and database records
- Organization of students airport transfers
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with experience in customer service, tourism/hospitality or student services. Past experience in residential life and/or living/studying/working abroad is a huge plus.
- Mandatory requirement is: This role is an internship as part of your University program
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or tourism with 2-3 years of working experience
- Native Spanish and fluency in English required. A third language is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong aptitude for negotiation and persuasion
- Empathy and compassion towards others along with strong listening skills
- Diplomacy, patience, flexibility and strong conflict resolution skills
- Stellar attention to detail
- Ability to meet long and short-term goals, ability to prioritize
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and flexibility
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Strong willingness and desire to take charge during emergencies
- International experience preferred
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest in the position.
Starting date: June 2017
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top