EF International Language Centers is looking for a Housing Coordinator to work closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a stressful environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The housing coordinator is required to meet the varying needs of our students, in addition to completing other administrative duties.
- Working closely with the School staff to ensure a high level of customer service to international students, host families and other members of the community where students reside.
- Collaborating with our resident advisors to ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students.
- Working directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and problem solve any issues that may arise.
- Efficiently manage day to day administrative tasks.
- Working directly with students through daily communication to problem solve, manages crisis, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Spanish
- Proactive problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences • Flexible and able to reprioritize as needed
- A cheerful and caring personality to liaise with students and other relevant student service and accommodation suppliers
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative to meet weekly/monthly goals and as part of a team
- Exceptional organization skills, with a strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet
- Allocates residence beds in the Residence Allocation app for confirmed upcoming students
- Assists the Housing Director in recruitment efforts
- Supports Housing Director with student queries, evaluations and proactively problem solves
- Counsels and supports students dealing with culture shock and generally liaises between students and host families
- Responds to emails from global EF sales coordinators
- Monitors feedback of residences and host families and works with Housing Director (and School Director) to make recommendations
- Updates relevant sections of the School Presentation for global sales staff as well as school, Student Handbook and Pre-Departure manual including pictures and necessary info for future students
- Initiates meetings and socials for students living in the Residences
- Supports maintaining the Arrival List by calling host families in the week prior to arriving students to confirm students' arrival times
General Shared Administrative Responsibilities:
- Assists checking in new students and provides orientation and campus tours
- Conducts face to face evaluations for newly arriving students (larger intakes), inputs evaluation into student file, problem solves any issues and/or assigns student case to relevant team member
- Mentors a group of Academic Year (6, 9 and 11 mo) students; takes intro video, sets up group or mini group event (within set budget)
- Participates and supports as needed in school events, large intakes of new students and graduations and supports generally as required within the team
- Take emergency phone as required
- Depending on the month and operational requirements of the school and department, duties can shift slightly.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top