EF International Language Campuses in Tarrytown, NY is looking for a part-time Housing Assistant to work closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a stressful environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The housing assistant is required to meet the varying needs of our students, in addition to completing other administrative duties.
- Work closely with the School staff to ensure a high level of customer service to international students, host families and other members of the community where students reside.
- Collaborate with our Residence Life Team to ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students.
- Work directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and solve any issues that may arise.
- Efficiently manage day to day administrative tasks.
- Work directly with students through daily communication to problem solve, manages crises, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proactive problem solving and conflict resolution abilities
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences
- Flexible and able to prioritize
- A cheerful and caring personality to liaise with students and other relevant student service and accommodation suppliers
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative to meet weekly/monthly goals and as part of a team
- Exceptional organization skills, with a strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet
General Shared Administrative Responsibilities:
- Assist checking in new students and provides orientation and campus tours
- Conduct face to face evaluations for newly arriving students (larger intakes), inputs evaluation into student file, problem solves any issues and/or assigns student case to relevant team member
- Mentor a group of Academic Year (6, 9 and 11 mo) students; takes intro video, sets up group or mini group event (within set budget)
- Participate and support as needed in school events, large intakes of new students and graduations and supports generally as required within the team
- Take emergency phone as required
- Depending on the month and operational requirements of the school and department, duties can shift slightly.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top