Host Family/Administrative Coordinator
Are you looking to make an immediate impact in a fast-paced, fast-track company at the crossroads of education and travel?
We’re seeking a dynamic Host Family/Admin Coordinator to recruit host families in the local community, arrange homestays for incoming students and support both the students and families every step of the way. This person will also provide front desk and other administrative support as needed at the school.
We are looking for a detail oriented, poised communicator and the right candidate must also have energy and a passion for international travel. This is an entry-level position.
The Host Family/Admin Coordinator reports to the Host Family Manager and organizes student accommodation as required by enrollment projections in host families. Recruits and develops a strong rapport with host families, places students with appropriate families, assist with regular host family payroll, maintains updated records on homestay students and host families and organizes training events, working closely with the Host Family Manager.
- Recruits, visits and selects host families suitable for students
- Matches students with suitable families and roommates
- Orients families and students to the host family situation
- Assists with host family payroll
- Prepares and maintains electronic records on host families and students
- Organizes host family/student events
- Coordinates and conducts host family advertising campaigns (including on-line campaigns)
- Actively communicates with worldwide sales offices
- Handles host family emergencies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Mature and self-confident
- Very positive attitude and sense of humor
- Sales experience and customer service experience preferred
- Residence life experience a plus
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to meet long and short-term goals
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of a sale and be resourceful under pressure
- Strong adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness to handle last minute changes
- Care and empathy for others.
- Social media experience would be an asset
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top