Host Family Recruiter
Host Family Recruiter
Educational Homestay Programs
Mill Creek and Redmond, WA
EF, Education First is the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to break down the barriers of language, culture and geography. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. Learn more about us at www.ef.com.
Host Family Recruiter Overview:
Our Mill Creek and Redmond, Washington Programs have an immediate opening for Host Family Recruiters. Being a host family leader for EF Educational Homestay Programs (EHP) is a unique way to invest in the lives of young people and develop cross-cultural understanding and exchange within your local community. You are integral in making a 2-4 week summer program into an experience of a lifetime for the students and the volunteer host families. You should be organized, resourceful, flexible, and have excellent networking capabilities within your communities for recruitment of incredible host families for our students.
This part-time flexible portion of the position involves efforts for host family recruitment:
- Educating local communities about EHP and encouraging host family participation
- Attend recruiting events in the community on a regular basis. Engage with members in the community to build awareness, support and excitement for the upcoming season and to generate host family leads and applications.
- Follow up on all host family leads, process applications, perform home visits, conduct reference checks, and match students to host families.
- Provide weekly updates via email and/or phone to Area Manager about recruiting lead statistics
- Work with the Area Manager and other program staff to create smooth transitions for students and host families upon the arrival of students.
Host Family Recruiters must be able to attend: various training and planning sessions (January 28th and late March; host family appreciation events, host family orientations, and periodic meetings with Area Manager.
- Actively engaged within the local community with a strong personal network as you will directly interact with community members and organizations to generate host family leads
- Ability to work weekends as needed to staff recruitment tables at community events
- Outgoing and personable with strong communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter with creative problem solving skills
- Strong sense of teamwork as you will collaborate with EF teachers, other program staff and foreign course leaders throughout the program
- Hold high professional standards and must be available 24/7 during the program to assist with host family questions and concerns
- Is patient, supportive and enjoys working with youth in an international environment
- Payment for recruitment is commission-based with additional bonus and incentive potential.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top