Host Family Program / Accommodation Manager
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world’s leader in international education. We offer students from Europe and Asia (aged 13-18) the opportunity to spend two to four weeks in the United States to improve their language skills, live with a local host family, and learn about American culture through fun and immersive activities.
Who You Are
Are you bold, fearless and confident?
Do you enjoy striking up conversation with new people?
Are you an achiever who goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo?
Are you organized, detail oriented, sales driven and operationally minded with a constant drive to improve?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
The full-time Host Family Program / Accommodation Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the host family program, from recruiting new host families and conducting home visits to being the point of contact for host families before, during and after the program, to leading host family events such as host family orientations and host family end-of-season gatherings. We are currently seeking a highly motivated, independent and eager Host Family Program Manager with a go get ‘em attitude to help grow our summer homestay program based in San Diego (summer course center near Mira Mesa).
- Manage all aspects of the host family program, from recruitment and home visits to planning bus routes and communicating with families on a day-to-day basis.
- Promote the EF host family program extensively in the local community.
- Develop partnerships and build networks with local businesses, schools, clubs, and organizations.
- Research and carry-out print and online advertising, community networking, and grass-roots marketing.
- Visit and screen host families through home visits, reference checks, and background checks.
- Determine which locations EF will use as bus stops on the school bus route; manage morning and afternoon bus transportation during the program.
- Manage host family information using EF’s production system called ‘Elektra’.
- Manage a recruitment sales/marketing budget.
- Match students with host families and carefully monitor the student and host family experience throughout the program.
- Plan, lead and participate in program events, such as host family orientations, host family nights and host family end-of-season gatherings.
- Serve as the primary liaison between EF and our host families through regular communication and support.
- Address a wide range of issues on a day-to-day basis, including facilitating student moves to new host families, ensuring accurate and timely stipend payments to host families, communicating with EF sales offices about student concerns, administering student discipline, carrying out a variety of administrative duties, and solving problems as needed.
- Work collaboratively with program staff during the summer months to run a seamless program.
- Follow up with families after the program to collect feedback; create reports from collected feedback for future improvements to the program.
- Maintain a strong host family community during the off-season by communicating regularly with families via email, phone, newsletters, and get-togethers.
- Manage social media pages, such as Facebook, Twitter, and a blog.
- Meet and work to exceed weekly and monthly goals and targets.
- Remain available 24/7 during peak program weeks to assist with host family issues and emergencies as they arise.
- Strong communication and team management skills.
- Passionate about cultural exchange and learning.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the local community and social networking.
- Able to work from home and in the field.
- Possesses an unwavering dedication to customer service and community building.
- An independent problem solver with a positive attitude.
- Experience traveling and/or living with a host family a plus.
- 1+ years in a sales role a plus.
- 1+ years in a management or team leadership role a plus.
- Has experience managing a budget.
- Has a home office setup (internet connection, telephone, etc.).
- Has a valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle for transportation.
- Knowledge of the local area a plus. Must live within a commutable distance to San Diego, CA.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top