Host Family Coordinator
We are looking for a part-time, temporary homestay recruiter to join our Homestay recruitment team for a position between April and August 2018.
Reporting directly to the Housing Director, the selected applicant will be responsible for calling potential hosts to help in the recruitment of host families for this year. The role also includes attending host family recruitment events and street actions across Victoria and surrounding area, to promote hosting EF’s international students. Position involves working evenings and weekends.
- Cold calling database
- Participating in EF events, flyering and street action around Victoria and the surrounding area to recruit homestay hosts.
- Following up with inquiries and entering them in the database
- Keeping database up-to-date
- Providing pre-departure accommodation information to homestays about arriving students
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Excellent telephone skills
- Target driven with sales experience
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers and cold-call
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Excellent communicator with external clients such as host families, students, and colleagues
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of their students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up on and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment, all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top