Reporting directly to the Homestay Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for visiting all new and re-registering Host Families. The Host Family Visitor is also responsible for calling potential families to organise efficient visit schedules and inputting the detailed family information onto our EF database.
Working hours are completely flexible and dependent on the effective organisation of planned visits. This may require morning, afternoon, evening or weekend visits. The post holder must have an Irish drivers licence.
- Responsible for contacting host families and booking visits within a week of receipt of list from EF. Keeping EF informed of status of required visits weekly.
- Talks to hosts about what’s involved and sets correct expectations
- Checks that the home is comfortable & suitable according to EF quality standards
- Helps new families fill in simple paperwork with utmost attention to detail
- Reviews paperwork of current host families during revisits and ensures standards are still being met, collects any outstanding/updated paperwork
- Documentation to be submitted to EF within 48 hours after each visit.
- Reports to the EF accommodation team about the visit
- Visits are regular, the amount of visits varies according to season
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Target driven
- Excellent communicator both with host families, students and colleagues
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Sensitive to needs of international students living away from home
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
- Irish Driver’s Licence mandatory, own car is an advantage
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment, all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.
We look forward to your application in English.
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top