Homestay Telemarketer & Recruiter
We are looking for full-time temporary telemarketers & recruiters to join our Homestay recruitment team for a temporary positions between March and August 2019
Reporting directly to the Homestay Manager, the selected person will be responsible for calling enquiries and inactive host families to help in the recruitment of homestay hosts for the peak summer placement season and to attend host family recruitment events across Eastbourne and surrounding area, to promote hosting EF’s international students.
- Inactive homestay database calling
- Participate in EF events around Eastbourne and the surrounding area to recruit host families, including leafleting and street promotions/ actions
- Processing & maintaining homestay accommodation records
- Preparing written information to be given to prospective homestays and ensuring it is kept up to date
- Providing pre-departure accommodation information to homestays about arriving students
- Communicating with the Homestay team regarding placements and host family availability
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Excellent telephone skills
- Detail oriented
- Target driven with sales experience
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers and cold-call
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Sensitive to needs of international students living away from home
- Excellent communicator with external clients such as host families, students and colleagues
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
We look forward to your application in English.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment, all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top