Homestay Recruitment and Sales Manager
Who You Are
Are you proactive, confident and a good salesperson?
Do you enjoy striking up conversation with new people?
Do you enjoy interacting with people both on the phone and in person?
Do you thrive in a target driven environment?
Are you an achiever who goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
We are currently seeking a friendly, self-motivated and outgoing individual to work in an international team in our Brighton school. Working for our Host Family Recruitment team, you will be reporting directly to the Homestay Manager and assist in all aspects of our host family recruitment process.
The candidate should be able to take initiative, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and like working in a dynamic, energetic and fast moving team.
The role runs from December/January till end of August 2018. Future permanent opportunities within the company may be possible for the right person.
- Create and update a Homestay recruitment plan to ensure recruitment targets are met within deadlines
- Train and manage a team of part-time visitors & telesales/admin staff
- Works off-site for promotional recruitment street actions, events, fairs and leafleting
- Coordinates the rotation of the homestay recruitment team
- Ensures all enquiries from prospective hosts are promptly followed up on
- Visits prospective hosts to determine their suitability and completes visit forms with great attention to detail (whilst complying to accreditation requirements and local authorities)
- Ensures all hosts’ questions are answered and they are given appropriate documentation
- Tracks weekly recruitment statistics, with Homestay Manager and School Director
- Ensures a high level of customer support service to host families
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Ideally sales / telemarketing experience, target-driven mindset
- Loves to get stuck in and roll up sleeves, leading by example
- Excellent telephone skills
- Friendly and approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers and builds rapport quickly
- Happy to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Happy to work outdoors come rain or shine
- Able to remain calm under pressure and to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
- Driving license desirable
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top