We are looking for and energetic and proactive young professional to manage the very busy accommodation department for EF Cambridge.
You will ensure recruitment of beds within Host Families according to goals, provide a support service to international students, comply with quality standards matching with requirements of accrediting organisations, to cooperate with the Accommodation and Welfare Manager and School Director in performing this role and to present themselves as a model of quality and professionalism within the EF Cambridge staff.
- Ensures peak host family beds are recruited within the deadlines and allocates student to accommodation within deadlines.
- Recruits, evaluates & selects suitable homestay accommodation.
- Processes & maintains student accommodation records.
- Ensures regular assessment of accommodation against standard EF requirements and quality criteria set by accrediting organisations
- Ensures to reach evaluation targets for homestay accommodation set by management in the beginning of the year
- Provides welfare advice and support as required & appropriate.
- Processes & maintains homestay provider records.
- Deals with student queries regarding accommodation & acting as liaison between students and homestay providers.
- Provides pre-departure accommodation information to sales offices worldwide.
- Monitors student evaluation of accommodation and responds to comments and complaints as required.
- Produces regular newsletter to hosts
- Answers sales office enquiries regarding accommodation issues.
- Meets and talks to new students on arrival.
- Participate in training programmes for visiting sales staff.
- Mentoring tasks might be required for certain age group
- Share emergency on call duties with other school staff.
- Target driven essential
- Highly organised & resourceful, working to deadlines with a flexible approach
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external clients
- Sponsorship for welfare training courses available
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days a year (to be taken outside the summer and other peak periods) & Bank Holidays
- You may be required to work some Bank Holidays but these days with be given in lieu.
- Salary, based on qualifications and experience, will be discussed at interview.
We are 43,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 54 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference check. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top