Are you looking for a fun and social work environment, with passionate colleagues?
Do you enjoy striking up conversations with new people?
Are you a natural leader, looking for an exciting management experience?
…If so, the Homestay Manager role could be for you!
As a core member of the school management team, your priorities will be placing international students with local homestay providers within deadlines and according to EF and accreditation requirements. You will also strive for the highest levels of customer satisfaction through seamless leadership, administration and excellent customer service in a fast paced environment. You will support host families and students with any issues that may arise.
Diplomacy, patience, flexibility a positive attitude at all times are essential when working in this challenging but highly rewarding position.
- To ensure that the Homestay accommodation department is run smoothly and efficiently
- To provide strong and supportive leadership for more junior team members
- To ensure prompt follow up of all issues reported
- To provide the highest level of customer service at all times
- To strive to continually improve evaluations of homestay
- To maintain EF policies, accreditation criteria and Golden Rules
- Assists with recruitment, induction and training of new members of the Homestay team.
- Structures the team’s responsibilities and supervises work to ensure targets are met.
- Plans a schedule rota, for staff working in school and off-site in promotional actions.
- Helps maintain ‘one team’, where the different school departments liaise and interact effectively
Recruitment and Retention of Homestay
- Oversees recruitment, re-registration and monitoring of suitable homestay accommodation.
- Responsible for creating and implementing the homestay recruitment plan, in collaboration with the School Director and your Homestay team.
- Ensures all deadlines set and all materials and resources required for recruitment actions are sourced in time for marketing actions.
- Works off-site for recruitment actions or for homestay hosts visits when required.
- Ensures all enquiries from new potential hosts are promptly followed up.
- Arranges incentives for homestay hosts, for recruitment and retention.
- Manages dedicated budget for homestay actions.
Day to Day Operations
- Ensures students are allocated to appropriate accommodation within EF Golden Rules and in accordance with EF’s accreditations and policies.
- Monitors student evaluation of homestay accommodation and organises quick follow up.
- Ensures all paperwork for homestay hosts is complete and properly filed.
- Answers student queries regarding homestay accommodation and logs appropriately.
- Handles complaints and disciplinary issues escalated by more junior members of the team.
- Answers sales office enquiries regarding homestay accommodation issues.
- Liaises with finance department to ensure prompt and accurate payment to hosts.
- Shares emergency on call duties with other school staff.
- Participates in other EF meetings and events: student intakes, first week chats, student council meetings, school committees, central meetings, famtours, etc.
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Sales oriented and target driven
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Enjoys working in busy & varied environment – both in and out of the office
- Sensitive to needs of international students living away from home
- Takes initiatives while being a good team player
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to handle difficult situations with ease & calm
- Flexible attitude to work and creative problem solver
- Full-time, 5 days per week, 08:00-17:00 / 10:30-19:30
- Holiday entitlement 20 days per annum pro rata
- Reporting to the School Director
Please apply before the 1st of October 2017.
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference check. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top