Are you passionate about working with people around the world? Do you love hitting and exceeding challenging goals? Are you a dynamic problem-solver who loves a big puzzle?
If yes, you may be the ideal Homestay Coordinator at EF International Language Centers – San Francisco. We are seeking a high-energy, goal-oriented individual to oversee all aspects of our customer accommodation experience. Your mission will be to grow our host family database while constantly improving customer satisfaction. This is a sales and recruitment position and we are only interested in enthusiastic, results-oriented candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 2-3 years B2C sales experience preferably in the hospitality/tourism sector
- U.S. work authorization and fluent written and oral English skills (other language skills a plus)
- Confidence and a proven ability to regularly meet and exceed challenging recruitment targets
- High sense of urgency and accountable to meeting strict deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal professional communication skills
- Robust organization/planning/time management skills and strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage high volume of emails, incoming/outbound calls and in-person customer queries on a daily basis
- Strong relationship-building and conflict-resolution skills
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, comfort with a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Openness and desire to work with wide range of personalities, ages and cultures including patience for individuals with limited to no English skills
- A positive attitude, sense of humor and empathy for others – passionate and fun!
- Full oversight of all accommodation needs for 250+ customers
- Urgently recruit new host family suppliers to grow and improve our existing database and accommodate higher student volumes
- Aggressively identify and pursue new and innovative grassroots recruitment opportunities
- Communicate with worldwide sales offices to immediately confirm new bookings and accommodate any special requests
- Match customers with suitable host families and roommates as soon as bookings confirmed
- Ensure all hosts meet minimum quality requirements: visit prospective homes prior to placement and revisit all hosts annually, orient new hosts and set correct expectations, provide on-going trainings, regularly reassess hosting performance and proactively follow up
- Retain quality hosts and arrange host family appreciation events
- Prepare biweekly host family payroll and keep student/host family records up-to-date
- Go above and beyond to ensure students have an amazing accommodation experience
- Immediately respond to student concerns with goal of increasing customer satisfaction rates
- Work with sales offices to resolve and avoid customer complaints
- Participate in emergency phone/on-call duties on rotating basis
- Additional school-wide initiatives and events as assigned
EF Education First is an international education company focusing on language, academics, and cultural experience. With a mission to open the world through education, EF was founded in 1965.
We are 43,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, and then we play hard. We believe in opening the world through education and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top