Are you passionate about working with people around the world?
Do you love hitting and exceeding challenging goals?
Are you a dynamic problem-solver who loves a big puzzle?
If yes, you may be the ideal Homestay Coordinator at EF International Language Centers – San Francisco. We are seeking a high-energy, goal-oriented individual to oversee all aspects of our customer accommodation experience. Your mission will be to grow our host family database while constantly improving customer satisfaction. This is a sales and recruitment position and we are only interested in enthusiastic, results-oriented candidates.
- BA and minimum 2-3 years B2C sales experience preferably in the hospitality/tourism sector
- U.S. work authorization and fluent written and oral English skills (other language skills a plus)
- Confidence and a proven ability to regularly meet and exceed challenging recruitment targets
- High sense of urgency and accountable to meeting strict deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal professional communication skills
- Robust organization/planning/time management skills and strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage high volume of emails, incoming/outbound calls and in-person customer queries on a daily basis
- Strong relationship-building and conflict-resolution skills
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Openness and desire to work with wide range of personalities, ages and cultures including patience for individuals with limited to no English skills
- A positive attitude, sense of humor and empathy for others – passionate and fun!
- Full oversight of all accommodation needs for 250+ customers
- Urgently recruit new host family suppliers to grow and improve our existing database and accommodate higher student volumes
- Aggressively identify and pursue new and innovative grassroots recruitment opportunities
- Communicate with worldwide sales offices to immediately confirm new bookings, accommodate special requests, avoid and resolve customer complaints
- Match customers with suitable host families and roommates as soon as bookings confirmed
- Ensure all hosts meet minimum quality requirements: visit prospective homes prior to placement and revisit all hosts annually, orient new hosts and set correct expectations, provide on-going trainings, regularly reassess hosting performance and proactively follow up
- Retain quality hosts and arrange host family appreciation events
- Prepare biweekly host family payroll and keep student/host family records updated
- Go above and beyond to ensure students have an amazing accommodation experience
- Immediately respond to student concerns with goal of increasing customer satisfaction rates
- Participate in emergency phone/on-call duties on rotating basis
- Additional school-wide initiatives and events as assigned
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top