EF International Language Centers
San Diego, CA
EF International Language Center in San Diego is looking for talented and exceptional individuals to join its team as a Head Resident Advisor! We seek motivated, responsible, dynamic, and community-building individuals to take on the exciting challenge of working in an international environment. This role position requires someone who has a can-do attitude and willingness to be a team player.
About the School:
The San Diego school is the premiere EF language school in North America. We are located in Point Loma and we have about 600 - 800 students at any given time. Our students come from all around the world to study English. We offer flexible courses, allowing new students to arrive every weekend for varying amounts of time.
Job Start Timeline:
- November 2016
Hours and Compensation:
- 30 hours a week, mostly during business hours (from 9 AM – 5 PM). Exact hours can be negotiated to accommodate school or another job. Occasional night or weekend work may be required for large student intakes or when RAs require support on their shifts.
- $14 per hour
- Free room and board
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, energetic, positive
- Must be extremely outgoing, willing to interact with a diverse population, and able to strike up a conversation with anyone
- Culturally sensitive and open to learning and sharing culture
- Organized and thorough, creative and resourceful, with a flexible approach at all times
- Able to reprioritize tasks and change pace as needed
- Comfortable taking the lead and working under minimal supervision
- Service minded and quality oriented
- Enjoys working under pressure & able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator able to handle challenging & sensitive situations
- Patient and fair with an open mind
- Sociable, outgoing & confident personality
- Able to maintain a smile in all circumstances
- Manage the schedule and any shift switches for the RAs
- Assist with hiring of new RAs
- Providing support for RA programs and activities
- Help plan two monthly RA activities
- Speak to any unsatisfied residents and help improve their experience
- Follow up on RA reports of unclean rooms
- Report any maintenance issues to the Campus Director or Facilities Staff
- Look for new initiatives and ways to improve the residence community
- Handle minor disciplinary situations and escalate repeat offenders or serious offenses to Housing Director
- Be available to take the lead for any emergency situations, whether on or off shift
- Manage and implement the curfew policy for minors of campus
Please apply online with a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered.
About EF Education First:
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top