Head of Visas and Compliance
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Head of Visas and Compliance oversees Hult International Business School’s F-1 and J-1 visa program, in collaboration with the Head of Visas and Compliance, Boston.
- Serve as the PDSO and ARO for Hult’s F-1 and J-1 visa programs, respectively.
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage staff members, conduct annual performance evaluations, and foster career growth by encouraging professional development opportunities.
- Provide advice, support, and guidance to international students, faculty, and their families on U.S. immigration regulations. Advising areas include: maintaining status, work authorization, nonresident alien taxes, and other related topics.
- Serve as a leader in the advising team in handling complex immigration and advising issues. Provide guidance to the advising team regarding regulatory changes and their effect on office policy and procedures.
- Oversee and manage the Visas and Compliance department budget.
- Develop office policies and procedures, in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders where necessary.
- Work closely with the Head of Visas and Compliance at Hult’s non-U.S. campuses to ensure consistency in policy, processes, and service.
- As per Department of Homeland Security regulations, U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience in international education and/or international student advising. Minimum one (1) year of experience supervising a team.
- Proven experience working with F-1 and J-1 regulations.
- Experience developing and revising policies/procedures to meet organizational goals.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills and experience in public speaking.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Commitment to and proven experience delivering exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to manage multiple deadlines and shifting priorities, and to respond quickly and effectively to unexpected opportunities and challenges.
Please note you must have the right to work in U.S. to be considered for this position.
Hult International Business School is a leading global business school offering a Bachelor degree, full-time and part-time Master degrees, one year accelerated and part-time Executive MBAs, a Doctoral program and Ashridge Executive Education programs.
Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives through Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation - which allows students to study on a combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Back to top