Head of Open Program Sales
Job Title: Head of Open Program Sales
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire HP4 1NS (periodic travel to London required)
Reports To: Global Head of Sales & Business Development
Ashridge Executive Education (AEE) is looking for a Head of Open Program sales to manage and oversee all open program sales, and directly line manage a team of sales people dedicated to the selling of Open programs. This is an exciting opportunity to play a role in the continued rapid growth across all parts of the AEE Sales function.
As a Head of Open Program sales your responsibilities will initially include, but not be limited to:
- Contributing to the design of the sales strategy and thereafter implementing the strategy.
- Whilst this role is primarily aimed at managing and motivating a team of people delivering open program sales; this role also includes large ‘team leader’ elements, where there is an expectation for you to also carry out the sales process and tasks yourself. This includes prospecting, developing and closing clients and accounting for all phases of the sales process.
- You and your team will generate revenue while developing insight into a fast-growing, international business, working often with high-profile corporate clients. This will need a rapid understanding of and familiarity with the full portfolio of products, the existing booking systems, pricing parameters and underlying sales principles.
- Initially this is an Ashridge office based role but increasingly, over time, there will be the need to attend client meetings and develop business in the interests of AEE, wherever that may be.
- Develop and maintain a personal network internally at AEE as well as externally with clients, predominantly at senior executive level.
- As a member of the AEE sales team, participate in the implementation of the global strategic sales objectives and contribute in identifying and implementing continual process and practice improvements.
- Oversee both the pro-active ‘hunting’ of new clients, located in multiple geographies, as well as ensuring the maintenance and growth of existing accounts.
- Proven experience in a sales environment
- Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Telephone sales ability
- Previous experience of consultative/relational selling approaches
- Familiarity with the use of CRM systems
- Good understanding of sales pipeline management
- Commercial acumen
- Strong experience developing and maintaining client relationships that sustain results
- University graduate
- Fluency in English; multiple language skills is a plus
- An exceptional communicator
- Fast learner; fast implementer
- Thrives under pressure and in a target driven environment
- Energetic, positive and professionally passionate
- Willing to travel when business needs demand
- Constant over-achiever, highly competitive, creative and solutions-oriented.
- Self-motivated with a pro-active entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong presence with solid influencing skills.
- Confident decision maker
- Ability to develop long lasting business relationships.
- Resilience and persistence.
- A passion for Executive Education
AEE is an equal opportunities employer. If you are motivated by the prospect of an exciting developmental opportunity in a growing and fast paced sales environment, we want to hear from you.
Applications should consist of a CV (no more than 2 pages); and a summary (400 words max), setting out why you think you are suitable candidate for this role.
Ashridge Executive Education is one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, meals and refreshments while on duty, free use of the leisure facilities and access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes. It is essential to have your own transport and free parking is available.
Please note that you must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference centre.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organised in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top