Guest Services Coordinator (Live-in position)
Guest Services Coordinator (Live-in)
EF International Language Centers
(a division of Education First)
San Francisco, CA
Are you looking to join a fun and rewarding team?
Do enjoy working with people from around the world?
Would you describe yourself as responsible, caring, and a problem solver?
If yes, then you may be an ideal Guest Services Coordinator at EF International Language Centers – San Francisco. This live-in position is based at our student residence. Reporting to the Residence Director, your mission will be to deliver above-and-beyond customer service to our student body, providing a home-away-from-home during their time in the U.S. You will wear many different hats including receptionist, resident advisor (RA), activity leader, facilities assistant, concierge and more.
- High School Diploma plus minimum two years work experience preferably in customer service, student services, tourism or hospitality
- BA and/or previous experience in residence life or living/studying/working abroad highly preferred
- U.S. work authorization and fluent written and spoken English
- Availability to work minimum 15-20 hours per week evenings and weekends plus other shifts when needed
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Patience and enthusiasm for working with individuals of all ages, nationalities and limited to no English skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure
- Willingness and desire to take charge in an emergency and follow established policies and procedures
- Superb customer service skills – you are a self-starter and problem-solver
- Reliability – you are dependable, punctual, honest and very professional
- You have immense passion, a great sense of humor, very positive attitude and a big smile
- Staff residence reception desk during evening/weekend hours – greet customers and answer questions, monitor guest sign-ins and security camera feeds, and complete various administrative projects as assigned
- Get to know customers by name and build a sense of community within the residence
- Warmly welcome new customers by ensuring all rooms are prepared in advance, helping them with their luggage and providing a weekly orientation for new residents
- Perform regular room checks to build rapport with customers and proactively identify/resolve cleaning/maintenance/safety issues (i.e. fix issues before customers see them)
- Ensure school regulations are followed including daily quiet hours
- Plan and execute weekly student activities to foster social interactions among your residents
- Follow established emergency procedures – this will include escorting students to the hospital, leading a building evacuation, etc. Participate in an emergency phone rotation
- Maintain accurate check-in, check-out records, key tracking and compile daily shift reports
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other trainings/school events as required
This is a live-in position and you will be provided with free accommodation at the residence (bedroom with private bathroom). In addition, all shifts are compensated at $13/hour.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter. Learn more about us at www.ef.com/careers
Back to top