Guest Services Coordinator (Live-in position)
Guest Services Coordinator (Live-in)
EF International Language Centers
(a division of Education First)
San Francisco, CA
Are you looking to join a fun and rewarding team?
Do enjoy working with people from around the world?
Would you describe yourself as responsible, caring, and a problem solver?
If yes, then you may be an ideal Guest Services Coordinator at EF International Language Centers – San Francisco. This live-in position is based at our student residence. Reporting to the Residence Director, your mission will be to deliver above-and-beyond customer service to our student body, providing a home-away-from-home during their time in the U.S. You will wear many different hats including receptionist, resident advisor (RA), activity leader, facilities assistant, concierge and more.
- High School Diploma plus minimum two years work experience preferably in customer service, student services, tourism or hospitality
- BA and/or previous experience in residence life or living/studying/working abroad highly preferred
- U.S. work authorization and fluent written and spoken English
- Availability to work minimum 15-20 hours per week evenings and weekends plus other shifts when needed
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Patience and enthusiasm for working with individuals of all ages, nationalities and limited to no English skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure
- Willingness and desire to take charge in an emergency and follow established policies and procedures
- Superb customer service skills – you are a self-starter and problem-solver
- Reliability – you are dependable, punctual, honest and very professional
- You have immense passion, a great sense of humor, very positive attitude and a big smile
- Staff residence reception desk during evening/weekend hours – greet customers and answer questions, monitor guest sign-ins and security camera feeds, and complete various administrative projects as assigned
- Get to know customers by name and build a sense of community within the residence
- Warmly welcome new customers by ensuring all rooms are prepared in advance, helping them with their luggage and providing a weekly orientation for new residents
- Perform regular room checks to build rapport with customers and proactively identify/resolve cleaning/maintenance/safety issues (i.e. fix issues before customers see them)
- Ensure school regulations are followed including daily quiet hours
- Plan and execute weekly student activities to foster social interactions among your residents
- Follow established emergency procedures – this will include escorting students to the hospital, leading a building evacuation, etc. Participate in an emergency phone rotation
- Maintain accurate check-in, check-out records, key tracking and compile daily shift reports
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other trainings/school events as required
This is a live-in position and you will be provided with free accommodation at the residence (bedroom with private bathroom). In addition, all shifts are compensated at $13/hour.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter. Learn more about us at www.ef.com/careers
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top