Group Sales, Business Development Manager
GROUP SALES - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
EF GO AHEAD TOURS
TORONTO, ON, CANADA
Go Ahead Tours is the adult travel division of EF Education First, a global language, travel and cultural exchange company. In the Go Ahead Tours Groups department, we partner with customers to help them plan domestic or international travel and to recruit friends, family, coworkers, and community members to join them. As a Groups Tour Consultant, you’ll be a key member of a sales and service team responsible for growing our business and ensuring a remarkable customer experience.
At EF Go Ahead Tours, our job is to help people see the world. We make planning travel fun. And we know—because we are travellers too. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.ca. EF Go Ahead Tours is the adult tour division of EF Education First. EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Visit http://careers.ef.com if you’re interested in joining our global team.
As a Group Sales Business Development Manager, you will seek out new business opportunities and promote travel to new and repeat organizations with established travel programs (e.g., Alumni Travel programs, Law Associations, retirement communities, etc.) You will use your keen attention to detail and passion for travel to support Group Coordinators with all aspects of their tour. You will quickly and efficiently respond to all customer requests, as well as provide proactive, anticipatory service by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of our product, processes, and internal systems. Your greatest assets are your professionalism, fearless drive, passion for sales and enthusiasm for travel. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is confident, entrepreneurial, quick to identify sales opportunities, has excellent and professional written and oral communication skills and enjoys a fast-paced environment.
Go Ahead Tours is most interested in individuals who are:
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of working effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Customer-focused and team-oriented – you strive to make every interaction an excellent one
- Self-motivated, self-starter who dives head first into difficult tasks
- Able to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Driven and confident enough to take initiative, solve problems, and achieve objectives
- Excellent communicators who understand that listening is just as important (bilingual in French is an asset)
- College or university degree
- 1-3 years previous experience in outside sales or business development preferred
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and self-motivated
- Comfortable learning new computer sales software and Microsoft Office 2013
- Hard working, reliable, focused and confident
- International travel experience is an asset
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
- A competitive base salary and bonus based on company sales targets
- Outstanding vacation time: 3 weeks in your first year, 4 weeks in your second year
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits, as well as a company matching RSP plan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to travel and see the world!
EF Education First is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. EF Go Ahead Tours will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Should candidates experience accessibility issues with any pages on the career site, please [email protected] assistance. Please note that application submissions and other inquiries are not accepted through this email address
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top