General Builder (Multiskilled)
Job Title: General Builder (Multi-skilled) – Ashridge House
Location: Ashridge, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports To: Maintenance Team Leader
Competitive Salary Offered
Ashridge is one of the leading centers for executive education, based in a Grade 1 listed building surrounded by 190 acres of grounds. Inside Ashridge there is a complex web of essential building services; air conditioning, heating, lighting, ventilation.... the list goes on. It is important that all these services should run as smoothly as possible.
This role will suit a maintenance professional who has a can do attitude, enjoys a challenge and is able to think on his/her feet. The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive maintenance service to the Ashridge estate.
- Reactive maintenance: carry out general repairs to the building fabric to include roof repairs, bricklaying, plastering, drain clearance, painting and joinery repairs.
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM): carry out planned maintenance tasks as directed by manufacturers guidelines/industry best practice
- Perform any other reasonable tasks, as requested by the Maintenance Team Leader
Minor Project / Restoration Work
- Carry out minor project work to the estate as requested by the Maintenance Team Leader
- Work with contractors to aid the implementation of minor project work as directed by the Maintenance Team Leader.
Maintaining the security, health and safety of the working environment
- Minimise Health and Safety risks for staff and visitors
- To be fully conversant with fire and emergency procedures (Training will be provided)
- Carry out / understand risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) for all works undertaken on the Ashridge Estate as required under Health and Safety legislation
Maintaining and promoting an interest in Ashridge principles and practices
- Engage with and promote all Ashridge’s core values.
- Ability to resolve problems quickly, efficiently and practically
- Innovative, self-motivated and the ability to work on own initiative
- A positive and constructive attitude
- Willing to take ownership of work load and situations
- Ability to work as part of the multi-skilled team and demonstrate a high level of customer focus.
- Roof repairs to slate and asphalt coverings
- Hard Landscaping (to include all types of paving)
- Brick laying
Ashridge House is a beautiful Grade 1 listed heritage property with world-class conference and training facilities. It is also the home campus of Ashridge Executive Education (one of three operating divisions of Hult International Business School) and the perfect location for corporate meetings, weddings and private events.
Ashridge House hosts both day and residential events for between 2 and 250 people, welcoming guests from all over the world. Set in extensive parkland in the Hertfordshire countryside, the magnificent neo-gothic mansion provides the complete meeting experience for our clients. Our beautiful private dining rooms in the historic Main House are available for functions, and our extensive 190 acre estate is ideal for teambuilding activities. In 2016 the team was again awarded Gold Standard for customer service in the BDRC Venue Verdict accreditation - providing the very best customer service is at the heart of what we do.
Benefits include 20 days holiday, meals and refreshments while on duty, free use of the leisure facilities and access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes. It is essential to have your own transport and free parking is available. This role is worked on a rota basis with shifts worked between 7am and 8pm to include weekend, bank holiday working and call outs.
Please note that you must have the right to work in EU to be considered for this position.
At the heart of Ashridge Executive Education is the Ashridge (Bonar Law Memorial) Trust, a major UK charity incorporated by Act of Parliament that exists to provide global executive education together with appropriate research and to maintain Ashridge House and Gardens for the benefit of the nation. The Ashridge site in Berkhamsted acts as both the hub for this global operation and as a major conference center.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top