Full-stack Software Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences.
We're looking for like-minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and interesting problems. We're not overly obsessive about tech stacks that you may have used - but see any experience with Cloud, modern Web and Mobile as a plus.
We are looking for talented full-stack engineer to help build our next generation, world class products. You will be part of a team that obsesses over quality and is committed to putting our customers first.
You will be involved in all aspects of software development; from initial development, to the deployment of the service in production; the testing and documentation.
- Work with engineering leadership to drive engineering quality and standards.
- Work with other specialists to implement features on time, to quality, and to specification.
- Ability to break down complex problems, into simple solutions.
- Deliver high quality, maintainable code.
- Understand testing methodologies and be able to write testable code along with the relevant tests.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Several years developing and maintaining production services.
BSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subject, or equivalent qualification or technical experience a plus.
- Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, Python and how they interface with Redis, Kafka, Relational and/or KV stores and relevant storage system.
- Experience developing SaaS Solutions and integrating them for business needs. Experience in any of the following is desirable: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.
- You should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to a tight deadline.
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- A real passion for working in a team and building great products that delight end users. A drive for excellence and improvement.
- A love of software and coding!
BENEFITS AND FUN STUFF:
- The opportunity to have a positive, and genuine, impact on people’s lives.
- Work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics and product people.
- We continue to invest in flexible ways to work supported by our beautiful, multi-national office based in London containing great facilities such as an onsite gym, with free fitness and wellness classes, and considered designed social spaces.
- As a global company with premium offices worldwide, you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you grow with the company.
- A competitive salary with 25 days holiday.
- Private medical insurance, and a wide array of employee benefits and support in place.
- Regular social activities.
Back to top