Frontend Engineer - EF Class
Frontend Engineer - EF CTX
EF Education First is seeking an experienced and passionate Frontend Software Engineer to join our Classroom Technology Experience team in our London Office. You will be working in a highly international team helping our product, EF Class, scale and grow.
EF Class is a complete set of flexible learning materials and tools to help teachers run motivational, engaging and interactive English lessons. Teachers can choose to use lessons and activities authored by EF, but can also modify and create their own; adapting them to meet the class group and student needs. EF Class combines the best of learning in a traditional classroom setting with digital learning, with the goal of engaging every single student in each classroom.
The team's responsibility is to design, perfect and launch EF Class to English teachers in public and private high schools around the world through a highly viral model creating user value for teachers, students and schools all along the way.
You will be working in a rapidly growing team of experienced developers, user experience designers, project/product managers and academics. The team adopts modern best practices including a Scrum-based agile development approach.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the existing web team and help define and develop the next phase of our services. You must love taking on tough technical problems and take pride in pushing to find best-possible solutions. We have a strong commitment to code quality and doing-it-right.
We would love to see the following:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent ( preferable ).
- Clear and solid understanding of OOP concepts and patterns.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- At least 2+ years commercial experience of complex web development.
- Knowledge of web technologies including HTML5/CSS3/JS skills.
- Knowledge of AngularJS( preferably some knowledge of Angular2 )
- Experience with testing strategies and tools ( eg. jasmine, karma ... ).
- Experience with build processes (Gulp/Grunt/etc...).
- Proficient with Git.
Nice to have:
- Angular 2.
- Shell scripting.
- Experience building SPAs
- Design, develop and test solutions from the ground up.
- Design and develop software following SOLID principles, focusing on readability, maintainability, scalability.
- Ensure that the architecture and design of the solutions are up to engineering standards regarding quality, code craftsmanship and documentation
- Participate in software design (architecture).
- Participate in processes improvement and best practices adoption.
The team, culture and office
You will be working in an international team with cross-functional skills covering academics, design, engineering, testing, business development, etc. The teams adopt modern best practices including a Scrum-based agile development approach and you will be based in our spacious EF London office just off Kings Road in Chelsea.
Founded by Swedish entrepreneur Bertil Hult in 1965, EF is the world leader in international education and offers language training, cultural exchanges, educational travel and academic degree programs. EF’s mission is to open the world through education and for over 50 years, we've helped millions of people become citizens of the world by breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography. Today, we have 500 schools and offices in over 53 countries and employ over 40,000 staff and teachers.
Education and travel are two of the fastest-growing industries today. With our schools, programs and technology, we are uniquely positioned to take advantage of this huge market potential. We are looking for talented people to join us. If you want a truly international career with real responsibilities, we want to meet you. www.ef.com/careers
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top