Who We Are
Founded in 1965, EF Education First is the world leader in international education. We offer a broad variety of programs to help people learn a language, study abroad, tour the world or earn an academic degree. Today we have over 500 schools and offices and 37,000 staff and teachers in more than 50 countries. Despite our size, we pride ourselves on maintaining an entrepreneurial and creative culture.
Who You Are
- You can handle applications with many moving parts.
- You have solid understanding of software development principles, know the strength of abstraction, modularity, DRY, and the difference between cohesion and coupling;
- You know the Document Object Model, how it relates to UI and how to use it along with HTML, CSS and JS;
- You can write code that is understandable and easy to maintain;
- You have exceptional proficiency in HTML and CSS;
- You have experience developing responsive websites for most popular browsers and devices;
- You are familiar with front-end bundling and task running tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc;
- You can work with Git;
- You have 6+ years of professional development experience;
- You strive to constantly evolve as a developer;
- You have great attention to detail;
- You are Fluent in English.
What You Will Do
At EF you will work in a truly international company, and help take our global website www.ef.com to a whole new level. You will be part of a young multi-national team with other front end developers, back end developers, project managers, content managers and designers. The role requires that you are an excellent team player and can work closely with other developers based in Zurich (Switzerland), and Bangalore (India). This position presents an excellent opportunity for a talented developer who wants to stretch their abilities to the limits.
Among your key responsibilities, you will be:
- Creating and maintaining several key websites and central features across our global www.ef.com website;
- Coordinating with other development teams around the world;
- Providing input regarding technical implementation influencing and shaping the design and development of any project;
- Contributing to team dynamic of rapid development and deployment.
Nice to Have
- Experience of multi-lingual sites;
- Experience of .Net frameworks;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Creative problem solver with high standards of quality and drive for excellence.
- You are able to demonstrate past work, from concept to code, ideally on a Github or Bitbucket account;
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top