Front End Developer
Are you passionate about building scalable, performant web applications and delivering a great customer experience? If so, then we are looking for you!
YOU are the successful candidate if you:
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity, keep abreast of the latest technologies, and strive for excellence and high quality in your work
- Are organized, detailed-oriented, and follow through on commitments
- Understand the value of great user experience in everything that you build
- Are a self-starter, and problem-solver
- Are a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written in English, especially in communication with non-technical colleagues
- Have a Swiss or EU citizenship (or a permit that allows you to work in Switzerland
- 3+ years experience writing clean, semantically-sound code for web experiences
- Knowledge of React + Redux
- Deep working knowledge of :
- Unit Testing
- Responsive web design
- Working experience in an Agile environment
- Able to effectively lead tasks and see them through
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with PHP
- Experience on performance optimization
- Experience working with a CMS such as WordPress or Contentful
- Experience in DevOps (CI/CD, scripting)
You can expect:
- To be part of a dynamic and highly motivated team, in an exciting and multicultural working environment
- A competitive salary
- An organization that encourages your personal and professional development
- Excellent work location near the Swiss Alps, at one of the coolest new offices in Zürich
- Free in-office gym
- Free in-office language classes
About Cultural Care Au Pair
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
EF offers a wide range of benefits ready for our team members to enjoy during weekends, after work and with friends & family, including:
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot-spots such as mt. Titlis or Kunsthaus Zurich.
- Full reimbursement of the SBB 'halb-tax' travel card, covering country-wide public transportation.
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sports teams.
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips and pay-day happy hours.
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays and EF products.
- 15% off in-house child care service (more info. available).
Whilst working in our newly built state-of-the-art office in the heart of Zurich, you’ll constantly be able to enjoy all of the above deals and many more that EF have to offer.
For more information about us visit our Instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/weareefswitzerland/
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top