Front Desk Attendant
EF International Language Centers is searching for friendly, reliable and detail-oriented front desk staff at our student residence in downtown San Francisco. Your mission will be to ensure a safe, comfortable and welcoming accommodation experience for our customers as they study and explore the U.S. This is a part-time position compensated at $14/hour (25-30 hours per week).
You will be responsible for all aspects of building operations from 11PM -- 7AM. An ability to work extremely independently but also as part of a team is essential.
Key responsibilities include:
• Staffing the front desk from 11PM -- 7AM: this means arriving on time and being present throughout your entire shift.
• Ensuring the safety of our guests and property by monitoring security camera feeds and building entrances/exists as well as performing hourly building walks.
• Upholding student code of conduct particularly regarding quiet hours, visitors and non-smoking policies.
• Immediately and professionally responding to any and all emergency situations that arise during your shift -- from facilities to student welfare to building evacuations.
• Checking guests in and out of room in case of later/early arrivals/departures.
• Providing friendly, warm and professional customer service with a smile to our guests.
• Keeping a detailed log and submitting a nightly shift report; other duties as assigned.
• Legal US work authorization
• High School Diploma plus 2-3 years work experience preferably in hospitality or customer service
• Fluent English speaker with good written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive programs
• Flexibility, team work and a positive attitude
• Willingness and desire to take charge in an emergency and able to remain calm in times of stress
• Confidence to directly and immediately address building safety matters in a diverse, urban location: this may involve dealing with neighbors, homeless, etc.
• Good judgment and ability to work independently
• Patience and empathy working with customers from many different cultures often with limited English skills and/or minimal knowledge of US customs and culture
This is a great opportunity to jumpstart your career in the hospitality sector, join a great team and meet amazing students from around the world. EF is the global leader in international education: learn more about us at www.ef.com.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and references.
Back to top