As a Flights Coordinator for EF Education First International Ltd, EF’s in-house travel agency, you will be working in an energetic, multi-national operations department. Being a part of the Educational Tours team, you will be helping our customers, American high school students and teachers, travel the world. You will be responsible for group travel consolidation and for delivering flight solutions for your assigned region, whilst adhering to strict budget and quality guidelines. This entry-level position involves close cooperation with your colleagues in our sales and land operations departments, as well as daily contact with airline suppliers in the U.S.
- Consolidate groups to travel together in order to maximize profit per bus
- Find creative solutions for challenging gateways and land operational restrictions
- Issue group tickets and manage post ticketing changes
- Build and maintain positive relationships with airlines while booking new flights and making changes to existing bookings
- Work on assigned volume throughout the year in order to constantly improve costs and quality of itineraries
- Work closely with our Sales, Service and Production teams in order to improve overall travel experience for our groups
As a successful candidate, you:
- Are flexible and possess excellent stress management in a deadline driven environment
- Pay great attention to detail, while recognizing the importance of the big picture
- Are a proactive team player who understands the value of collaboration and open communication
- Have strong analytical skills and logistical thinking in order to develop strategies for optimization and cost savings
- Are a quick learner in one of the world’s most dynamic industries, the world of travel
- Must learn and understand how constant change in airline inventory affects your daily decision making and overall strategy
- Are easily adaptable to changing situations; having a “nothing is impossible” attitude and ability to multi-task
- Are comfortable working with various reports and computer systems, including Amadeus, the airline reservation system used by EF
Education and experiences
- University or similar post-secondary degree, with a tourism/hospitality/logistics/aviation focus preferred
- Previous experience working or studying in an international environment is preferred
- Previous airline or travel industry experience is an advantage but not a requirement
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top