International Language Centers
Union, New Jersey
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world’s leader in international education. We offer students from Europe and Asia (aged 13-18) the opportunity to spend two to four weeks in the United States to improve their language skills, live with a local host family, and learn about American culture through fun and immersive activities.
Who You Are
Are you bold, fearless and confident?
Do you enjoy striking up conversation with new people?
Are you an achiever who goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
Host families are at the heart of our program. As a Field Recruiter, you play a critical role in driving our host family recruitment efforts to find new host families for our international student travelers who will be arriving during Summer 2017 (June-August). This position is a sales-driven role in which Field Recruiters attend various community events such as farmer’s markets, street fairs, parades and festivals to promote and share the Language Travel program with the goal of recruiting new host families to participate. *Candidate must be local and live within a 1 hour radius of Union, NJ.*
- Attend recruiting events such as farmer’s markets, street fairs and grocery stores.
- Collect at least 3-4 qualified leads per hour while attending events.
- Schedule home visits with potential host families during and after events.
- Enter leads into an excel spreadsheet and email to your manager within 24 hours of each event.
- Find families through personal networks of friends, family, colleagues, neighbors and local organizations.
- Actively search out new recruiting opportunities, such as community events and partnerships with local organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or currently finishing your junior or senior year).
- Bright, positive, outgoing and approachable personality.
- Go-getter mentality and quick learner.
- Sales-driven and results-oriented personality.
- Able to speak openly and easily with anyone and everyone.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take ownership of projects.
- Knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Passionate about education, travel and/or cultural exchange.
- Has driver’s license and able to drive a car.
Back to top