Field Program Director - Denver
Program Director (Field) – Denver Area
Cultural Care Au Pair
Work from home- 4 days/wk. Work from our Denver office – 1 day/wk.
About Cultural Care:
We help young adults from around the world make the impressive commitment to spend a year living away from family and friends to live with an American host family. Cultural Care Au Pair is a designated program sponsor under the U.S. Department of State’s federally regulated au pair program. We provide support and program management during this exchange year. Cultural Care has recently celebrated 25 years of bringing families and au pairs together. We are a worldwide organization based in more than 20 countries. The average tenure of our US staff is 6 years – and increasing! We are now about 50% based in our Boston and Denver offices and 50% field based.
About the role:
The program director team is the largest group of the field-based teams at Cultural Care. They directly manage a team of independent contractors and are fully responsible for the management of the region they cover, with a heavy emphasis on conflict resolution and mediation. It’s like running a small town every day; lots of interesting stories, not for the faint of heart but the wins are way worth celebrating. Some people say they are making a difference. We truly are. Every day.
This is a truly unique and diverse role in which your aptitude for active listening, conflict resolution, keeping details straight and executing on a strategy are all equally important. There are even some sales elements in here. You will be responsible for goals and growth within your region. There are many different parts to the role, all of them important, all of them competing for your attention. Sound overwhelming? It can be. If you’re the type that thrives on a challenge, we’re looking for you.
Some things about you:
- You think strategically but know how stay on top of your details.
- When we look up multi-tasking, your picture is there.
- Difficult conversations, conflict resolution and high-pressure situations excite you.
- You are resourceful; “I have no idea” is not in your vocabulary.
- Your communication and customer service skills are in a dead heat for first place.
- You are a leader, not a follower. Quite literally for 5 years or more.
- You’ve (finally) learned how to mentor, coach and teach others to fish rather than doing it all yourself.
Some nitty gritty:
As we mentioned, it’s mostly a work from home role. The expectation is that you have the space, a computer, hard drive memory & high-speed wired internet connection to work from home. We do a rotating Saturday schedule and on-call schedule so you can expect to occasionally work on the weekends and evenings during the year. There are also 2-3 times a year where you will have travel opportunities.
There are a lot of benefits beyond dress code that a work from home role brings. You know, daily homemade lunches, no commuting road-rage. And you can be home for that 4 hour window that the cable company gives you. Having said that, our field-based positions are full-time 9-5:30 jobs (or longer depending on your workload that day) where the phones will be ringing and Skype will be jumping. Home based? Yes. Flex-time? Not so much. Still, the dress code is easy and the coffee is as good as you make it.
A few of our benefits:
- Monthly base salary and bonus potential
- Market-leading health insurance options with Harvard Pilgrim
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1st year), followed by 4 weeks (2nd year)
- 25% company match for your 401(k) plan with Fidelity
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
Cultural Care Au Pair is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.edu/careers.
Back to top