Are you looking to join an established, fun and rewarding team? Do enjoy working with people from around the world? Would you describe yourself as handy and a good problem-solver?
If you answered yes to the above, then you may be the ideal Facilities Manager at our student campus/residence in Brighton, MA. Reporting to the Facilities Director, your mission will be to ensure a safe, comfortable, and fun accommodation experience for our customers as they study and explore Boston and the United States. The EF Boston student body mainly consists of students between the ages of 16-24 hailing from around the world; the student population fluctuates between 500 and 1200 students over the course of the year, with the highest volumes coming over the summer.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
EF Education, Inc. is seeking a full-time Facilities Manager for its Brighton, MA campus. This position requires the candidate to reside in the onsite apartment, and the hired staff member will be available 24/7 for emergencies that may occur on evenings and weekends. The staff member does not need to pay a rental fee for the onsite apartment as it is included as part of the job package.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum 5 years facilities management, construction or carpentry experience, and hands-on knowledge of plumbing, painting, custodial responsibilities, snow removal, and landscape practices. Successful candidates will be able to lift 50-100 pounds, have a valid driver’s license, and possess good interpersonal and communication skill sets. EF hires dynamic, highly-organized, personable individuals capable of juggling multiple tasks and committed to growing within the company.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the Facilities Director and help oversee all aspects of facilities for a 90,000 square feet building and 18 acres of grounds, consisting of 150 residence rooms, 30 classrooms, a cafeteria, and many common areas and offices. Candidates should be comfortable working in a high-energy environment and be able to maintain a commitment to quality customer service.
The position provides great benefits including a competitive salary, paid vacation, health and dental insurance, 401K, and rent-free lodging/apartment.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Facilities Director and implement all building-related programs and procedures that maintain a high standard of cleanliness, safety, and good repair.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections to identify necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs in the areas of painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC equipment, door lock hardware, and all related building components.
- Provide constant attention to all life safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance.
- Work with the Facilities Director to manage vendor activities related to scheduling and work progress to ensure high-quality work.
- Implement a preventative maintenance schedule designed by the Facilities Director.
- Supervise and assist in the program to train junior facilities staff.
- Able to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Uphold EF’s business practice standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
- Coordinate/communicate workflow with Facilities Director on a daily basis.
- Provide quality customer service at all times. Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure.
- Perform duties as assigned by Facilities Director.
- Maintain and apply for necessary building permits; work with inspection teams to ensure compliance with statutes and regulations.
- Order, pickup, and purchase necessary materials for facilities’ needs.
- Proactively recognize, diagnose, and remedy any issues related to the facility.
Skills & Requirements:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiencies in building trades including painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electricity (less than 550 volts), door lock hardware, and equipment repair.
- Preferred: Plumbing – CAMT certification.
- Fluent English speaker able to read and understand blueprints, product specifications, and other technical materials
- Working knowledge of applicable compliance regulations (i.e., OSHA, State, Local).
- Industry knowledge of suppliers and service providers in property maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of IT networking.
- Ability to perform tasks with tools, ladders, and lifts in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50-100 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in task assignments and ability to multi-task.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skill sets.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Education Level: High School diploma and 2 years college or trades school preferred.
- 5 years facilities management experience with 1-2 years at a supervisory level.
- CORI check required.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top