Hult London undergraduate campus is seeking a dynamic and motivated Facilities Manager to join our busy central London campus. This is an exciting role ideal for someone hands-on, eager to learn and develop and ready to take on a management position.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will lead our facilities to ensure that our school meet all health and safety requirements and ensure excellent standards of building presentation at all times. You will also ensure that the communication with colleagues and students and external suppliers is effective.
- Ensuring facilities meet regulations and environmental, health and security standards and updating all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Managing the Front of House staff, ensuring a first class reception service to students, staff & faculty and visitors
- Supervising and managing relationships with multi-disciplinary teams of external suppliers and contractors including cleaning, maintenance, and security
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly building checks to identify necessary maintenance and repairs
- Managing external/internal room booking requests, including room set up arrangements and catering
- Managing and improving administrative processes, such as supplier management, filing systems, postal/courier services and deliveries
- Recruiting and training Front for House staff
- Assisting the Operations Director and implement all building-related programs and procedures that maintain a high standard of cleanliness, safety, and good repair
- Managing budgets for office supplies, facilities and maintenance, working with suppliers to reduce costs, reviewing invoices, and working with the Operations Director on budget planning and financial management
- Is the Health and Safety lead, fire warden lead and first aider lead
- A degree related to the built environment (particularly building services) or business studies (preferred)
- Office or facilities management experience
- Health & Safety background
- Basic knowledge of IT
- Industry knowledge of suppliers and service providers in property maintenance
- Proven track record of customer service experience in a 5* and/or corporate environment
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service within the school
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills, creative approach to problem solving, and a positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Willing to undertake Health and Safety and First Aid in the workplace training
- Keen interest in technology and willingness to learn
- Leadership experience/potential
- Experience of working with external suppliers
Please note that you must have the right to work in the United Kingdom to be considered for this position.
Hult International Business School is a leading global business school offering a Bachelor degree, full-time and part-time Master degrees, one year accelerated and part-time Executive MBAs, a Doctoral program and Ashridge Executive Education programs.
Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives through Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation - which allows students to study on a combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world. By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top