EF International Language Campuses is seeking a full-time Facilities Coordinator for its Miami Beach campus. This position requires the candidate to be available 24/7 for emergencies that may occur on evenings and weekends. The successful candidate for this position will report to the Facilities Manager and help oversee all aspects of facilities for a 68,000 square feet building, 5 acres of grounds, consisting of 95 residence rooms, 20 classrooms, 10 offices, a Dining Hall, and many common areas throughout the facility. Candidates should be comfortable working in a high-energy environment and be able to maintain a commitment to quality customer service and ethics.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Facilities Manager and implement all building-related programs and procedures as assigned
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections to identify necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs in the areas of painting, carpentry, plumbing, Electrical, HVAC equipment, door lock hardware, and all related building components.
- Provide constant attention to all life safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to manage vendor activities related to scheduling and work progress to ensure high-quality work.
- Implement a preventative maintenance schedule designed by the Facilities Manager.
- Able to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Uphold EF’s business practice standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
- Coordinate/communicate workflow with Facilities Manager
- Always provide quality customer service. Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; calm under pressure.
- Maintain and apply for necessary building permits; work with inspection teams to ensure compliance with Laws, statutes and regulations.
- Order, pickup, and purchase necessary materials.
- Proactively recognize, diagnose, and remedy any issues related to the facility.
Skills & Requirements:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiencies in building trades including painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electricity (less than 550 volts), door lock hardware, and equipment repair.
- At least 3 years of facilities, carpentry, and/or construction experience.
- Fluent English speaker able to read and understand blueprints, product specifications, and other technical materials
- Working knowledge of applicable compliance regulations (i.e., OSHA, State, Local).
- Ability to perform tasks with tools, ladders, and lifts in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50-100 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in task assignments and ability to multi-task.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and IT networking.
- Education Level: High School diploma and 2 years college or trades school preferred.
- 5 years facilities management experience with 1-2 years at a supervisory level.
- CORI check required.
- Preferred: HVAC – Universal Certification.
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.