EF International Language Campuses is seeking a full-time Facilities Coordinator for its Boston campus. This position requires the candidate to reside in an onsite apartment and be available 24/7 for emergencies that may occur on evenings and weekends. The onsite apartment is included as part of the job package.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the Facilities Director and help oversee all aspects of facilities for a 90,000 square feet building and 18 acres of grounds, consisting of 150 residence rooms, 30 classrooms, a cafeteria, and many common areas and offices. Candidates should be comfortable working in a high-energy environment and be able to maintain a commitment to quality customer service.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Facilities Director and implement all building-related programs and procedures as assigned
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly inspections to identify necessary maintenance and repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs in the areas of painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC equipment, door lock hardware, and all related building components.
- Provide constant attention to all life safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance.
- Work with the Facilities Director to manage vendor activities related to scheduling and work progress to ensure high-quality work.
- Implement a preventative maintenance schedule designed by the Facilities Director.
- Able to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Uphold EF’s business practice standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
- Coordinate/communicate workflow with Facilities Director on a daily basis.
- Provide quality customer service at all times. Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure.
- Maintain and apply for necessary building permits; work with inspection teams to ensure compliance with statutes and regulations.
- Order, pickup, and purchase necessary materials.
- Proactively recognize, diagnose, and remedy any issues related to the facility.
Skills & Requirements:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiencies in building trades including painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electricity (less than 550 volts), door lock hardware, and equipment repair.
- At least 3 years of facilities, carpentry, and/or construction experience
- Fluent English speaker able to read and understand blueprints, product specifications, and other technical materials
- Working knowledge of applicable compliance regulations (i.e., OSHA, State, Local).
- Ability to perform tasks with tools, ladders, and lifts in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to lift up to 50-100 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable mode of transportation.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in task assignments and ability to multi-task.
- Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and IT networking.
- Education Level: High School diploma and 2 years college or trades school preferred.
- 5 years facilities management experience with 1-2 years at a supervisory level.
- CORI check required.
- Preferred: Plumbing – CAMT certification.
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top