Are you looking to join a fun and rewarding team?
Do enjoy working with people from around the world?
Would you describe yourself as handy and a good problem-solver?
If yes, then you may be the ideal Facilities Coordinator at our student residence in downtown San Francisco. Reporting to the Residence Director, your mission will be to ensure a safe, comfortable and fun accommodation experience for our customers as they study and explore the US.
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree preferred) plus 2-4 years skilled or semi-skilled building maintenance experience
- Fluent English speaker able to read and understand blueprints, product specifications and other technical materials
- Strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical work – lift and move materials up to 100+ pounds
- Knowledge and experience working with hand and power tools
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Valid California Driver’s License and a clear Criminal Background Check
- Great attention to detail, time management and organization skills, disciplined safety practices
- Flexibility and comfort with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure
- Comfortable working with diverse populations; good customer service skills
- A positive attitude, sense of humor, passionate and fun!
- Additional training/certifications not required but very helpful
- Primary oversight of daily operations at our student residence housing 150+ guests – responsible for all facilities-related areas and owning the “look and feel” of the property
- Immediately and directly undertake the necessary work to resolve any and all facilities issues including daily maintenance work orders. This will include assembling/moving furniture, repairing fixtures and fittings, minor plumbing/electrical issues, general upkeep, etc.
- 24 hour maximum resolution time to all complaints/requests
- Perform regular, proactive checks of the building to ensure all equipment functioning in good condition – goal to repair issues before customers notice
- Carry out regular testing and preventative maintenance
- Inventory and order maintenance and cleaning supplies working within assigned budgets
- Assist housekeepers and front desk staff when needed: this includes daily cleaning of common areas/restrooms/student bedrooms, laundering bed linens, reception.
- Ensure all health and safety standards are closely followed and assist with building emergency plans/fire drills
- Coordinate the ordering, setup and breakdown of daily continental breakfast service
- Be available in event of facilities emergency and assist with other duties as assigned
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top