Cultural Care Au Pair
About Cultural Care:
We help young adults from around the world make the impressive commitment to spend a year living away from family and friends to care for young children in an American host family. We also help support American parents in their search for a unique childcare solution where they welcome this young person from overseas into their home as a member of their family. We are a worldwide organization based in more than 20 countries. Employees get excellent benefits and we focus on having lots of fun along the way. Beyond loving what we do, we are a solid group. The average tenure of our US staff is 6 years – and increasing!
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a brand new team and make a name for yourself within the country’s largest au pair organization. You will work directly with au pairs who are currently living with host families to talk to them about extending into their second year on the program. You will counsel these young adults at a very critical moment in their lives, meaning you will need to be encouraging and supportive to au pairs searching for a new host family with whom to extend. You will also be able to utilize your own international experience, creativity, innovation and consultative sales skills in this goal-oriented role. You have a strong appreciation for other cultures and languages and value the impact that cultural exchange can have on the lives of young people and the children they care for.
Some things about you:
- You truly love talking to people on the phone and are excited by the idea of enriching our customers’ experience (both au pairs and host families) by extending it into a second year.
- You are competitive and love hitting targets, especially when the goal is to build families, one connection at a time.
- You thrive on the chance to join a new, expanding team and get noticed for owning your pipeline and exceeding goals.
- You can switch between enthusiastic customer-facing conversations and behind-the-scenes compliance regulations with ease.
- You are excited by the prospect of speaking to a German au pair one minute with questions about regulations, and a Thai au pair who needs your advice the next (our au pairs come from 26+ different countries).
- You are resourceful- “I have no idea” is not in your vocabulary.
- While we provide the knowledge and training, you come with the emotional maturity and life experience to coach program participants through anxieties and concerns that may arise.
Some nitty gritty:
This job may require a variety of shifts based on the needs of your customers. Sometimes we celebrate hitting goals and honoring overseas visitors with evening dinners and events. We also have opportunities to dress up like superheroes and 90’s Rockstars, and attend Disco-themed parties. If you have a problem with this, you should think twice before applying. Our “over-the-top” culture permeates everything we do.
A few of our benefits:
- Market-leading health insurance options with Harvard Pilgrim
- 3 weeks paid vacation (1st year), followed by 4 weeks (2nd year)
- 25% company match for your 401(k) plan with Fidelity
- State-of-the-art new office space, with an open layout, and access to eye-squinting amounts of natural light
- Complimentary in-house language classes
Cultural Care Au Pair is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped millions of people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.ef.edu/careers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top