ESL Teacher, San Diego
EF International Language Centers is seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL) for positions starting January 2017.
Duties and responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by the academic office
- Provide high quality classes using our efekta blended learning program
- Complete the necessary administrative work required for classes in a timely manner
- Prepare materials and resources relevant to your classes, including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes, handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course.
- Assist in the mentoring of new teachers including sharing resources and best practice idea sharing
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this with the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Be involved in the development and running of extra-curricular activities and school activities, as requested by the academic office or the School Director – this may include students and faculty orientations, testing (proctoring, (oral) testing, correcting), Academic Year graduation ceremonies.
- University degree or equivalent
- TEFL certificate (Cert.TESOL/CELTA or equivalent) OR 3 months teaching experience
- Native or proficient level English
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive
- Organized and thorough and able to work well under pressure and within strict time constraints
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with good attention to detail
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service to large volumes of students on a daily basis
So, why work for EF? EF runs an inspiring professional development program year round, and the possibility of continued employment and growth within the company. We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top