Are you passionate about traveling and languages? Do you believe that students studying abroad can have the experience of a lifetime? Are you an ESL teacher looking to supplement your income in an international student environment, interacting with students of varying ages from over 40 countries? Have you recently completed TESOL or CELTA training and are looking to put your new skills and training into practice while receiving developmental feedback from experienced, nurturing ESL professionals?
EF’s dynamic Auckland school is looking for an energetic, outgoing teacher to initially fill a short-term contract, with the potential of it rolling into a longer-term one. Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply.
About the position:
Reporting to the Director of Studies, EF teachers are part of an extremely dedicated and professional team. Teachers work with each other and our administrative staff to ensure that all students have a positive program experience. Following EF's world renowned EFEKTA curriculum, teachers ensure students meet their language learning goals in fun and innovative ways. This is a part-time position. No re-location or visa assistance available. Local candidates preferred. Teaching rates are based on levels of experience and qualifications.
Who we are:
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
- Planning and delivering lessons to students ranging from beginner to advanced levels of English proficiency.
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively -- this includes regular use of computer-assisted learning technology.
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance and support.
- Completing all administrative duties (lesson plans, attendance registers, grading) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attending regular staff meetings and training/professional development sessions.
- Assisting with curriculum development and implementation.
- Promoting and supporting school-wide initiatives and events, especially collecting student feedback and directing students to the appropriate staff.
- Enthusiastic, organized and a natural leader
- Highly responsible, approachable and friendly
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment
- Familiarity with computers and iPads
- Complete fluency in English
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (MA in TESOL, Linguistics or related field preferred)
- Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
- Patience and flexibility for working with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
- A true passion for teaching and a strong desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
- Experience teaching overseas or learning a second language a strong plus
Back to top