English Teacher for Kids & Teens
EF English Schools for Kids & Teens is currently seeking English teachers to join our academic team in Shanghai and other cities across China.
About the Position
As an English teacher for EF English Schools for Kids & Teens, you will join a community of over 2,400 full-time EF teachers in China. You will be teaching English to children ages 3-18. Classes for children ages 3-6 years are taught with a local teaching assistant and have 8 students or less while classes for children ages 7-18 have 16 students or less. Key activities include planning and delivering lessons using EF’s award-winning ESL courseware, evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement to both students and parents. This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to further their career in teaching and meet others passionate about education while experiencing an exciting life abroad.
Teacher Support and Development
Our world-class teacher development program provides the opportunity to enroll in certification courses and training modules, thus enabling a strong grounding necessary for advancing a career in teaching and teaching management. Teachers are also encouraged to participate in company-organized networking and social events, Chinese classes and other community-based activities. Teachers have access to internet connected computers, Interactive Whiteboards and iPads.
- Planning and delivering lessons to children ages 3-18 in groups up to 16 students
- Using electronic media and EF’s award-winning ESL courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement to both students and their parents
- Assigning and evaluating out of class exercises
- Participating in social activities with students organized by your school to encourage oral English proficiency
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
To be considered for this role, applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
- 12,000 - 13,500 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during the first two weeks of employment
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Cambridge IDLTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
About EF English Schools for Kids & Teens
EF English Schools for Kids & Teens is a division of EF Education First, the world’s leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for English teaching jobs across China so if you prefer the fast paced city life like Shanghai, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you. We have both Kids & Teens schools and Adult schools in over 60 Cities in China.
Back to top