English Teacher for Adults
EF English Centers for Adults is currently seeking English teachers to join our academic team in Foshan and other cities across China.
About the Position
As an English teacher for EF English Centers, you will be teaching English to adults ranging from small classes of four to workshops of 25 students. Key activities include planning and delivering lessons using EF-developed ESL courseware, evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement. You will also participate in social activities designed to help students use their English in real world situations, such as social nights, movie nights, dinners and other events.
Teacher Support and Development
Our world-class teacher development program provides the opportunity to enroll in certification courses and training modules, thus enabling a strong grounding necessary for advancing your career in teaching and teaching management. Teachers are also encouraged to participate in company-organized networking and social events, Chinese classes and other community-based activities. Teachers have full access to internet connected computers, Interactive Whiteboards and iPads.
- Planning and delivering lessons to adults in classes ranging from small classes of four to workshops of 25 students
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement
- Participating in social activities with students organized by the school to encourage oral English proficiency
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
To be considered for this role, applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China’s visa regulations.
- 12,000 - 13,500 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during the first two weeks of employment
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Cambridge IDLTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
About EF English Centers
EF English Centers is a division of EF Education First, the world’s leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for English teaching jobs across China so if you prefer the fast paced city life like Shanghai, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you. We have both Kids & Teens schools and Adult schools in over 60 Cities in China.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top