English Teacher EFL
EF Language Schools is seeking a highly motivated and professional English Teacher to be part of our Academic Team.
We are looking for a dynamic person with drive and enthusiasm to continue to improve our student learning experience and increase their language proficiency.
- To plan and deliver special interest (SPIN) courses as directed by the DOS or ADOS
- To plan and deliver lectures on a rota basis
- To choose appropriate supplementary material and topics for your classes. These must at all times demonstrate sensitivity to the multi-cultural and multi-ethnic student population in EF schools.
- To cover absent colleagues as requested by the DOS or ADOS.
- To participate in any peer observation programmes
- To help and advise colleagues and to act as a mentor to new teachers
- To attend and contribute to staff meetings (weekly on Fridays)
- To attend and contribute to all school staff meetings (3 times per year minimum) which may take place after school hours
- To actively participate in and occasionally lead CPD sessions (to be held regularly – at least monthly – on Fridays)
- To hold regular tutorials with students
- To input grades for students in iTracker on a weekly basis
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of the school’s academic resources
- To write student reports when required.
- To administer tests to the class when necessary and to mark them and return all documents to DOS or ADOS.
- To be jointly responsible for the tidiness of the communal areas and specifically the staff room.
- To be an ambassador for EF and its products, methods and materials
- To maintain necessary paperwork as directed by the school administration and carry out administrative duties accordingly.
- To maintain accurate paper registers and input student attendance into the EF database in accordance with EF policy
- To report any student who is absent from class for 2 consecutive days to the Academic Department and when they return, in accordance with EF policy
- Your attention is drawn to regulations governing health and safety in the building. You are expected to comply with all health and safety regulations as directed by the health and safety officer
- One Year Fixed Term
- Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:30
- A bachelor’s degree as minimum
- CELTA or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a passion for teaching and inspires students to learn
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service practices
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a successful DBS, reference and right to work check being carried out.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top