Education First English Centers is looking for a teacher to join our growing school in Barcelona. This will be a part-time position with more hours becoming available as the center grows. Most hours are currently in the evenings and on Saturdays with some classes in the morning or afternoons.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a new and growing organization in Spain and Europe. EF English Centers already has hundreds of schools worldwide and is now opening schools in Spain. We are looking for flexible, customer oriented teachers who are passionate about development to provide communicative English classes to adult learners in Barcelona.
A teacher is responsible, on an individual and team basis, for providing students with a variety of services that enables students to reach their personal needs and objectives within the educational services framework. They will actively collaborate with all center staff to provide a welcoming and professional environment to everyone and a positive learning experience for students
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides students with relevant and engaging lessons tailored to enable them to reach their personal needs and objectives.
- Actively participates in any required observations and feedback sessions, training, development meetings and informational meetings.
- Develops and delivers in-center and city-wide Life Clubs as required.
- Develops and uses supplementary material within EF guidelines to support learning needs and objectives.
- Liaises, supports and collaborates with all staff tasked with providing study feedback and support to students.
- Completes all required administration to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Provides placement tests and demo classes for students
- Assists the Centre Education Manager in product testing
- Developing others
- Customer orientation
- Effective communication
- Building relations
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Fostering teamwork
- Results oriented
- Managing own and others´ performance
- EU passport holder
- Native English Speaker
- 120 Hour TEFL Certificate with 6 hours of teaching practice; CELTA/CertTESOL (preferred)
- 1+ year experience of teaching adult learners
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top