Education First (EF) is a world leading language learning company. EF EdTech is the division whose mission is to revolutionize the ways students, parents and teachers engage with their subject and with one another.
The EF studio in London - the hub of the global software development operation - requires a Engineering Manager to work closely with EdTech leadership to define and deliver the next generation of products and services.
EF EdTech is seeking someone who wants to grow and solve interesting problems. It is not overly concerned about the tech stacks you may have used but see any experience with cloud, modern web and mobile as a plus. However, experience of shipping consumer facing services is at the core of the role and therefore a must.
- Manage, develop and grow a small to medium sized team of software engineers
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of engineering work by your team
- Run High Availability services that others will depend on.
- Work with engineering leadership to drive engineering quality and standards
- Work with leadership on feature planning and roadmaps
- Work with the creative team to define and iterate on new and existing features
- Work with other specialists to implement features on time, to quality, and to specification
- Ability to write production code - leading from the front - whilst mentoring others.
#Basic Qualifications & Experience
- Several years software engineering experience including experience leading engineers and engineering efforts
- BSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subject, or equivalent qualification or technical experience a plus
#Experience / Demonstrable Skills
- Experience shipping consumer facing services, ideally for a mass market
- Experience undertaking performance evaluations and appraisals
- Experience mentoring engineers and developing their careers
- Experience of working and influencing product direction in a cross-discipline team
- Understanding of user interface and user experience (UI & UX) concerns
- You should have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to a tight deadline
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- A real passion for working in a team and building great products that delight end users
- A drive for excellence and improvement
- A love of software and coding!
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top