EFL Summer Teacher
EF is the world leader in international education. Join our global community of educators, innovators and doers. Open your world to opportunities to professional development, with future job prospects across the globe.
Our schools in the UK, have a vibrant, young and international atmosphere. Using our own blended learning system, you will have an opportunity to teach to students from 12-18 years old from over 65 different countries. These students will stay with us for 2-8 weeks during the summer.
Work with the support of a professional academic team and tried and trusted materials to deliver the EF academic program to classroom groups of up to 17 language students. You’ll be planning lessons that create an inspiring, safe and supportive classroom environment where building your students’ confidence in using the English language is your primary concern. Watching the group bond and their language flourish is rewarding for experienced and novice teachers alike, which is what brings so many of our teachers back year on year.
- Teaching classes following the EF methodology to international group of up to 17 students.
- We have an extensive library of materials to help with planning and delivering cohesive and coherent lessons
- We have reduced administrative workload, such as attendance, student progression and grades by using Apps for attendance records and student progress reports
- You will work with a group of multi leveled and skilled colleagues from around the world to discuss progress of students and your ongoing lessons.
- We have multiplelocations available across the UK and Ireland - a wide range of our locations are residential, so accommodation and meals are provided. Applications from abroad are welcome.
- Fully sponsored 120h TEFL Foundation course.
- Opportunities for a fixed contract after the summer or to return next summer
- Promotion opportunities to management positions returning the next summer
- Invitation and fully sponsored weekend trip to Global Leadership Academy for our best members of staff of the summer.
- Ample opportunities to transfer locations within EF International Language Campuses or to move across divisions.
One of the following
- A State Teacher Credential (PGCE, Bed, MA) plus training in EFL/EAL.
- Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) with teaching or related experience.
- Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) blended with a two-day practical.
- Face-to-face TEFL (eg. CELTA, DELTA minimum 100 hours).
Please be aware that EF is offering a sponsored 120h Foundation TEFL course with the guarantee of a minimum 3 weeks’ contract during the summer.
Please submit your CV and teacher certification. (If you are still in the process of acquiring your certification, please notify us in a cover letter).
Back to top