EFL Contract Teacher
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down the barriers of language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic teachers for full time, fixed term contract positions at EF London. Some posts may be Tuesday to Saturday.
This is an excellent opportunity for teachers looking to further develop their career within EF. Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Teach a minimum of 26 hours contact classes per week using the EFEKTA Blended Learning System. Classes to include General English classes, SPINS, iLab study sessions and lectures
- Cover classes in the event of staff absence
- Monitor student progress, giving feedback through tutorials and assessment of work, ensuring students are progressing as quickly as possible and ensuring they are in classes appropriate for their level and needs
- Plan Academic Year projects
- Maintain accurate academic records, including weekly registers and termly reports.
- Participate in CPD sessions
- Attend meetings as and when required
- Comply with EF policy and accreditation criteria, working with the Academic Management team to ensure the efficient and effective running of the academic department
Qualifications / Experience
- BA degree or equivalent plus CELTA or TrinityCERT
- Experienced EFEKTA teacher, receiving excellent customer feedback
- Awareness of developments in EFL with a willingness for self-development
- Salary details available on application
- 20 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays (if working on a Bank Holiday, time in lieu shall be claimed)
- Post starting Week 1838 until September 2019
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top